TGIF! I have been living it up in Vegas, but I am ready for a relaxing weekend at home. Until then, I’m dedicating today’s post to two equally bright, fun and cheerful colors for summer: Coral and Fuchsia!
I was shopping at Target the other day and they had a ton of stylish platters and summer entertaining products in this color combo, so I knew that it was time to make this a Friday Favorite.
As you can see from the photo above, we used coral and raspberry for my business partner Jaime’s wedding. Now, five years later, this color combination is making a come back!
When looking for accent colors, ivory is a great addition to play around with and gold makes for the perfect metallic sparkle.
Image via herecomestheblog.com
I love this combo because it is bold and vibrant and makes a huge impact while still remaining feminine, which is great for a summer wedding.
Image via harveydesignsevents.wordpress.com
If you are trying to make decisions about about what flowers to use, this combination offers so many choices from the “Queen of Flowers” the peonies (pictured above), dahlias the size of a dinner plate, classic roses or orange calla lilies.
Last but not least, if you’re looking for a dessert that goes with this color combination, I highly recommend the Woman’s Day recipe that I found via Ceci New York (pictured above):
Orange-Raspberry Dreamsicle Cake
2 pkg (13 oz each) coconut macaroons
3 cups (1 1/2 pt) raspberry sherbet
2 pt vanilla ice cream
3 cups (1 1/2 pt) orange sherbet
- Line a 13 x 9 x 2-in. pan with foil, letting foil extend about 2 in. above pan at both ends. Lightly coat with nonstick spray.
- Line bottom of the pan with macaroons; press to flatten and form a layer. Freeze 20 minutes, or until firm. Meanwhile, refrigerate raspberry sherbet and 1 pt vanilla ice cream to soften slightly.
- Drop spoonfuls of softened sherbet and ice cream into crust, alternating flavors and packing them down as you go. Freeze 2 hours, or until firm.
- Repeat with orange sherbet and remaining vanilla ice cream. Freeze 30 minutes to set, then swirl surface decoratively. Freeze 6 hours, or until hard, and serve, or wrap airtight and freeze up to 2 weeks.
- To serve: Lift foil by ends onto cutting board; remove foil. Cut in 9 bars; cut bars in half diagonally to make wedges.
Let me know if you attempt this recipe, it sounds absolutely delicious! Thanks, Ceci.
Wildflower Linen – Lily Pad Orange with Fuchsia Floral
La Tavola Linens
TIBI colorblock dress
Kate Spade woven handbag
Warm Tone Wine Glasses- Set of 4, Target
Hot Pink Vases Cylinder Glass Magenta Fuchsia 3 Sizes
Fuchsia Pink Place Card Holder (ribbed glass bauble)
Cupcake Toppers Orange and Pink
Preppy Monogrammed Plate – Orange and Hot Pink Ric Rac from the Palm
Fuchsia Pink 24 Inch Square Printed Parasol
Orange and Hot Pink Indian Arch Print Custom Announcements
Hot Pink and Orange Woven Striped Ties