If you want to throw a wedding that will keep your guests talking long after you say “I DO”, there’s no better way than to kick things off with a “Welcome to our Wedding” goodie bag. I’ve put together a few essentials that should find their way into the bag, bucket, or tote, as well as a few that are just too fun not to include!
1) The Container… this is an essential part of the goodie bag, so find something that relates to the overall feel of your wedding.
It’s also important to consider something that is easy to travel with and can be packed away for a return trip home, since the majority of goodie bags are given to your out-of-town guests. Try to give them something that they will actually re-use, rather than finding your hard work and money left in the trash can.
2) Schedule of Events… though you most likely have created a website or even sent an itinerary to your guests with all the exciting events you have planned for your wedding weekend, more than likely, they will have forgotten it or will be having so much fun that they never log onto their computer, so include an easy timeline that can act as a back-up to all the rest of the information you previously sent.
This little piece of help should also include a few fun things to do during downtime, as well as a map. You do not want your guests to get lost and miss a single minute of the exciting festivities you have worked tirelessly to organize over the last few months.
3) Beverage and Snack…Your family and friends are attending your wedding to celebrate, so why not help by getting the party started as soon as they arrive. Throw in one of those plane-sized beverages or maybe a bottle of wine and some sort of snack that is unique and local to where you have decided to get married.
The image above depicts a great “Brooklyn” themed welcome bag. I once did a wedding in Texas and we included “Texas Tea” and chocolate pralines that gave the goodie bag a down home feel. Whatever you choose, everyone appreciates a tasty treat and something to drink.
4) Recovery Kit… a common parting gift from a good wedding is a hangover the next morning!
5) A little THANK YOU… pamper your guests with some bath salts, a candle, or one of your favorite local products like honey from the bee hive down the street! This is a great way to say thank you for helping us celebrate our big day. It doesn’t have to be anything too expensive that will break the bank, but a nice gesture for sure.
Do you have any favorite goodie bag items that you have received at a wedding or items that you have included for your guests in the past that you consider a MUST HAVE? Let me know by leaving a comment below.