I’ll be appearing on “The Doctors” today! My segment is chock full of helpful tips for throwing a fun, safe, and healthy, Cinco de Mayo fiesta!
Here are a few examples of the Do’s and Don’ts I’ll be sharing on the show…
- Incorporate antioxidants like blueberries, oranges, or pomegranates, or bell peppers into your Mexican dishes.
- Alcohol is often synonymous with a fiesta, so make sure to stay hydrated throughout the party. Make this easy for your guests too, by creating refreshing water infused drinks with cucumbers, strawberries, or orange slices, etc… similar to what you might enjoy at a spa.
- If you plan to drink, choose organic alcohol and mix with natural sweeteners or fresh squeezed juice. This is also another chance to pump in the antioxidants like a blueberry or pomegranate.
- Create a menu that is full of flavor, but also use organic and locally grown produce, antibiotic and hormone-free meat, and make sure to use a lot of color in creating your menu.
- Salsa the night away! Dancing is a fantastic form of exercise, so be sure to provide the space and music for guests to dance at your party.
- Don’t over serve yourself… alcohol impairs your judgement and effects your mind and body.
- Don’t buy fried chips, choose baked or reduced fat corn tortilla chips.
- Don’t put unhealthy snacks throughout your party location, instead place healthy options like vegetables in various spots to encourage healthy nibbling.
- Don’t make dips full of mayo or sour cream, use Greek yogurt or reduced-fat versions to save some calories.
- Don’t leave food out too long, know what you are serving and make sure to store if properly or serve it before it goes bad… know the shelf life of all the meals you are preparing.
Big thank you to everyone who tuned-in for my segment today!